UPENDO Children’s Village e. V. (UCV) is a German support association which has established an orphan village in Ukunda/Kenya and wants to support it sustainably with personal, professional and financial help. The idea is to give children there a permanent home, to give them a school education and to prepare them for an independent life.
The UCV is legally registered in the register of associations at the district court of Charlottenburg under VR-Nr. 28989 B, pursues exclusively charitable purposes and is classified as particularly worthy of support by the tax office for corporations I in Berlin because of the promotion of development cooperation in Africa.
The statutory purpose is realized by financial means, which are made available to the association by membership fees or donations. Currently we have about 80 members.
These funds may only be made available to charitable institutions in Kenya. The Kenyan operating company of UPENDO Waisendorf, which implements our visions locally, is the UPENDO Village Trust Foundation.
The association is selflessly active and does not pursue its own economic purposes. You can download the complete statutes here: Download statues.
Goals and principles
- An orphanage where the children should feel at home.
- A dwelling house as a protective outer framework for a “family”.
- A reference person for each house (as a substitute for the missing parents).
- Physical siblings are not separated if possible.
- The children are guaranteed a school attendance (also the attendance of a private school) and if necessary also a vocational training by the orphan village.
- Under certain conditions, so-called social orphans are also admitted. These are boys and girls who certainly have parents or at least a mother or father, but who do not fulfil their educational mandate.
- In a family atmosphere, the assumption of responsibility, trust, taking and giving as well as respect for others are learned.
- Helping people to help themselves.
UPENDO Children’s Village e.V.
c/o gpc GmbH
1st Chairman: Carsten Vetters
2nd Chairman: Uwe Kaiser
Phone: +49 30 69537690